Attic Bonus Rooms

Moker

I'm really stuck. I am trying to get the ceilings correct As you know in attic rooms, the ceilings are on an angle until it reaches the finally ceiling height. Like the sheet rock is screwed into the rafters. Has anyone ran into problem? I made many different section views. Still Idk how to put the rock on the rafters.

I guess that I could add gypsum boards to the bottom of the rafters. Then I could charge them for the extra materials. Idk? Any other ideas?

I would hang the drywall from the rafters, and if you are after a flat ceiling bang in a few light duty ceiling joists, probably nothing more than 2x4s, depending on your span and hang your drywall from that. :)

I would suggest being straight with your client and NOT charging them for nonexistent additional materials.

Clearly if it their house then they would be responsible for paying for any REAL materials, right?

I'm really stuck. I am trying to get the ceilings correct As you know in attic rooms, the ceilings are on an angle until it reaches the finally ceiling height. Like the sheet rock is screwed into the rafters. Has anyone ran into problem? I made many different section views. Still Idk how to put the rock on the rafters.
First of all, there isn't a "sheet rock" category. Not that I know of anyways, other than inside the Wall Structure. Best thing to do would be not to use a Wall Component, and use another component. Or, set a Reference Plane (aka RP) with the Pick Line tool to align the RP to the same angle as the rafters/roof pitch/etc. Use the section tool to snap to the angle of the RP. This will give you a View that is aligned with the proper angle of the sloped components, and you can go from there. This might even be a job for a simple in-place Family component, just to get something there.

Why not give the gypsum ceiling a slope to match the roof slope, then adjust the height so it's aligned with the rafters? You should still be able to do a take-off based on ceiling sq-in.

Seems too simple, so I may be misunderstanding the issue.

That is working. I have alot of views to see each room and I have 3 ceilings drawn for each room. Thank you very much. The only other person that could help is really busy. So again Thank You. :D