Presspull and Option doubts

Staghelm

Hey Community of AC, i've been working on my thesis, im creating pieces of 3d to hold a servomotor, and ill print it on a 3d printer, will be my first time and i dont want any mistakes since it cost some money, so while creating the piece i've been using a lot of Union-Extrude-Presspulls but using the P-P i've encountered with some lines that bothers me and makes no sense.. it seems like is 2 blocks united but it is not. ist just marks the line whenever i do the P-P, i have attach the picture so you can help me, what i want to know if i should ignore it, and it wont print 2 pieces instead of one, i tried removing the whole separated part, created a new box bigger than that one then i united and the same exact lines appears..

Another thing before i print, is there an option that shows me if its a space between 2 pieces, for example if 2 pieces are united and it has like 0.000001mm of space between them the 3d printer will print 1 piece but ill separate in 2 when you use some force.. i deff dont want that to happen to me. I want to be sure that the entire piece is in one piece.. can i see that with an option?

Sorry for bad english, i Attached the picture with the problems of the line and the entire Drawing so you can see for yourself.

Thanks in advance.

para forum.dwg

wrong.PNG

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

If you run the LIST command you will see that your drawing contains 6 3D Solids, some lines and circles.

Presumably those are left over from the layout process.

I am a bit busy at the moment, you might want to run the CLEAN function from SOLIDEDIT.

I suggest you save a copy of this file before doing any major modifications

or attemps to improve it. So you have a fallback copy if you need it.

Thanks for replying, after i complete those steps nothing happen :/ i mean i type

-SolidEdit

-Body

-Clean

I select 3d object and then it asks to select 3d again and so on..

this is the command list.

Solids editing automatic checking: SOLIDCHECK=1

Enter a solids editing option [Face/Edge/Body/Undo/eXit] : B

Enter a body editing option

[imprint/seParate solids/Shell/cLean/Check/Undo/eXit] : L

Select a 3D solid:

Enter a body editing option

[imprint/seParate solids/Shell/cLean/Check/Undo/eXit] : L

Select a 3D solid:

Another thing do you know how can i separate a piece of the solid without eliminating it, ill show an attachment.

move.PNG

Another thing do you know how can i separate a piece of the solid without eliminating it, ill show an attachment.

Solidedit Slice and select the option to keep both sides.

I don't know about 3D printing, but for what it's worth, when I open your drawing, there's only two questionable lines, not ~8 like your screenshot shows. Also, if you do an ID point command, you'll see that a particular corner of concern has the same x,y,z coordinates regardless of which side of the corner you hover over. (e.g., '_id Specify point: X = -624.5086 Y = -757.2781 Z = 797.4794) You could explode the solid if you want the comfort of visually seeing a certain face highlight as you're doing this, but it's not necessary.

This suggests there is no space between the two apparent pieces that come together at that corner, though you could check other points the same way to further check things out.

To answer your question directly, I don't know if there is "an option that shows me if its a space between 2 pieces". ...especially since this doesn't appear to be but one piece at the location in your picture.