Iso Drawing Help "Please Help!"

topgunmatt

Hi

I have redrawn it but im not sure its right still, can you upload your dwg so i can lay mine on top and see where the problems lie?

Thanks

Matt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topgunmatt

• JD Mather

• ReMark

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I have redrawn it but im not sure its right still, can you upload your dwg so i can lay mine on top and see where the problems lie?

Thanks

Matt

Haven't you spotted the trend yet? Try it the other way around, post your dwg and somebody here will review it for you and point out any errors. This way serves two purposes. The reviewer is goint to be looking at known problem areas so can advise quickly and more importanatly, there is no chance of you passing off somebody else's work as your own. Not knowing you I can't comment on whether you would try this or not but we have sufficient visitors who are trying to get a free drawing that none of the regular contributors will upload their work in this manner.

With Due Respect passing the work off being my own is the least of my problems, the reason im asking for help is that i feel that i have exhausted all avenues trying to find out how to correctly draw the isometric.

Regards

OK.

I can't help as I never do isometric but I still think you would get more guidance if you posted your dwg.

I think it is close. I'm getting some ever-so slight variations in lengths. Example: the straight side length that should be 80 is being shown as 79.7591 which seems a bit odd. When I lay an isocircle with a radius of 20 over yours it appears to be a very slight difference where it meets up with the line that is supposed to be 80 units long. It's like the line is not quite tangent to the circle. Does your teacher deduct points for these kinds of differences?

Do you think you can put yous on the dwg and upload, that way i can see where the changes need to be made.

Mine won't help you in its present form as it is a isometric view (3DHidden visual style) not a 2D isometric.

I drew a little of the top in magenta, looks like you are guessing at a lot of stuff. Use the Ellipse, Isocircle for all of the radius. Copy or move in an Iso, never use offset.

ISO-Help.dwg

Here is how you can check your drawing.

Change the active color to some other color (like red).

Change to Isometric snap (I don't understand why your drawing doesn't open with isometric snap setting on?).

Hit F8 to turn on Ortho (if not already on)

Hit F5 to set your cursor to the top plane.

Draw the 80mm line from the endpoint of the arc as shown in attached.

Draw 20mm line perpendicular to the 80mm as shown.

Attach the file here.

If you follow my steps step-by-step you will get the solution

I'm bettting you will give up long before finished (challenge).

Note: when you draw the 80mm line do not click on the second arc - move your cursor well beyond the arc and use direct distance entry. AutoCAD will take care of the distance. Make sure you are tracking along the 150°.

two lines.png

Hi Mark & everyone

Thanks for your reply, the 3d course is the next level so we want start that untill later on in september.

I have created most of the radius lines with elipse (isocircles) but when i click on properties of the line it shows a minor and major radius?? i dont understand this??

Thanks

You can cheat a little bit, by drawing in 3D and when you finish you use the FLATTEN command and you clean up the extra lines ;)

OK, just one line.

Set to isometric grid.

Hit F5 to go to top plane (but doesn't really matter whether top of front for this one line.

Click on screen for start point of line, move mouse in direction of the 80mm line and type 80, hit enter.

Save the file and attach it here.

Zoom in to the intersection of the two red lines - note that the location is different than on your original.

Intersection.png

two lines.png

draw an ellipse isocircle radius 20 with center at end of short red line.

Zoom in and check the intersection with the 80mm line.

isocircle.png

draw 30mm line at other end of your 80mm line as shown.

draw 30mm radius isocircle centered at the end of this line. (not shown)

Attach your file here.

third line.png