Setting Reset at Startup

edgars23

I've come across a problem that I cannot find a solution too. Recently, in the last two weeks or so I've run into a problem where my AutoCAD settings reset every time the desktop is restarted. The most annoying settings are MBUTTONPAN and TEXTFILL always being reset to 0.

As stated before, I only deal with this when my computer is turned off. If I leave it on overnight, I can start up ACAD the next morning and no problems.

Any help/guidance on the issue would be appreciated.

-Edgar

If you shut down your computer durning the day and restart does it reset as well? Are you on a network? If no to the first and yes to the second I would supect the network is resetting them during a backup or something.

Not sure about TextFill, but MButtonPan system variable is stored to registry... If this is part of your IT's registry policy, then your options to resolve may be limited, but it's worth a try.

If they do not allow you write access to those segments of registry, etc. (without being overwritten), then we can help you to work around that... But it truly is in your best interest to first check with IT, as that can greatly impact your production, and I'm sure your boss wouldn't like IT policy dictating how much redundant setting modification you'd need to do just to complete your daily production task(s). :thumbsup:

It doesn't appear to be IT related. However, it could be an issue with syncing my settings on AutoDesk cloud. I'll look into this. Thanks for the pointers.

Never mind, I've been working since 8:00 Am yesterday with only 3 hours sleep, couldn't even make sense of my own response,:shock: so I overwrote it.