Error installing Update 2 AutoCAD 2010 Windows 7

erockxp

Hey All,

AutoCAD crashes a couple times a day when I have a drawing file open and go to open a second drawing file. When I send in the error message I am told to install Update 2 for AutoCAD. The update never completes and I get the error:

Error 1328. Error applying patch to file. C:\Config.Msi\PT3585.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor.

Then this pops up:

Error Code 1603. A problem prevented the service pack from being installed. Contact your system administrator.

Any help will be sooooo appreciated.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• erockxp

• ReMark

• paisis123

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

This was posted by a member of AutoDesk Product Support at one of the discussion forums. Might be of some value?

The error happens during installing AutoCAD with the error code 1603, this type of error generally related to your user rights,so I would give you the following suggestions:

1. Please try to install your Autodesk Product with an admin user. I recommand the default system Administrator user.

2. Please turn off the antivirus and firewall application.

3. Please turn off UAC if your OS is Windows vista/7.

4. Try to copy the installation file to your local harddisk and install from there.

And what did you do when you saw the error? Did you try clicking on the "Ignore" button?

Unfortunately there is no ignore button for my direct application.

Searching error (Error Code 1603) on Microsoft has similar solution as ReMark indicates, it is a permissions issue. You sure you have ALL rights to the folders, etc.?

Is THIS the update you are trying to install?

I checked and I do have all rights as an administrator. Any other suggestions for installing this update? CAD is crashing around 5 times a day.....

Normally I'd suggest a REPAIR but in your case I would totally uninstall AutoCAD first (follow procedure as outlined by AutoDesk). After the reinstall I'd then install the update. That's BEFORE you attempt to do any work in AutoCAD.

Are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 7? What about AutoCAD 2010? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

What are your computer specs?

Are you working in 2D or 3D or both?

Are you working with drawings created by you or by someone else on a different system or with a different program?

In my opinion you are running a bit on the lean side as far as RAM goes.

What else is running in the background?

What size are your drawing files typically?

Average drawing size is around 3,500 kb. Only other running program is usually Miicrosoft Word.

We though of upgrading the ram but have not yet done so.

3500KB? That's getting up there.

What do you have for a graphics card?

While you may have "just" MS Word running what about your browser, anti-virus program, etc.?

We just upgraded the graphics card and I do have AVG running in the background. I tried an install with all AVG features off as well as disabling UAC to no avail.