3D Plotting Help Please

frenchee

Hello everyone.

I'm taking a 2d autocad class but decided to try my end of the semester project in 3D to get a higher score... Bad idea? I'm not sure yet lol.

When I set my plot preview for my printer, the wheel is pixelated and it will not show me all of the parts in my drawing. Also, my layers in 3d wont change colors. I feel like something is wrong with the program. If the wheel is magenta it does not really matter. I was just messing with properties.

What is going on wit my plotting?

Thanks!!

I'm trying to upload my file but it's saying that it's too large for the forum.

Managed to upload it in my Google docs. No sign in required to download.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Xt8NXyzz1UZm16eUpmSkx5MWM/edit?usp=sharing

Some of your objects are on the layer Defpoints. Objects on this layer will not plot.

Borbet_1.jpg

The objects in white are on the Defpoints layer.

The object in green is on a layer called Center patterm. Don't you mean "pattern"?

The objects in red are on layer "0".

I do not see a separate layer for your viewport on Layout1. Instead you have it on layer "0". Create a separate layer called VPorts, give it a unique color (like magenta) and set the layer to "no print" in the Layer Properties Manager.

Some of your geometry has a negative "Z".

Some of your geometry should be joined via the UNION command. If you want to keep a copy of the separate parts put them on their own layer and freeze it.

You have a layer called "Bolt line" which does not appear to be used for anything.

What view(s) were you planning to print exactly?

Edited by ReMark

Borbet_2.jpg

See the red arrow above? It is pointing to a piece of your 3D model that appears to have no thickness. Was that intentional?

Woah thanks for all the help. I've just started using the program and have been instructing myself as our professor doesn't lecture.

I just wanted to print an "assembly view" So whatever you could see in my model space at NE ISO view is pretty much what I wanted. Its 4AM right now but I will try to do what you said tomorrow before class when I have to turn this in haha:shock:

If you have time to fix it and if it only takes you a minute I wont object haha.

I'm struggling with layers in 3D.

Thanks again.

Will try tomorrow morning.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I wasn't too sure on how to make this so I tried whatever I could.

I managed to print a pretty good picture of it earlier before I had added any of the assembly stuff.

You're really good at this thanks for the pictures. I'll probably fix that this weekend but for now I'm going to keep trying to see if I can get a good plot preview just so I can turn it in tomorrow.

Borbet_4.PNG

1. Bolts are longer than the holes they are designed to screw into.

2. Bottom profile of this part does not match up with the opening below it.

3. This section appears to be two separate pieces (seen on the right). One is an open ring of no apparent thickness while the second is a solid core with openings.

You also have remnants of your 2D geometry left behind (see the 2D "star" and surrounding circle?) which should either be erased or put on a separate layer then frozen.

Why is it that so many students complain about their teachers?

Yes, I realize you are a student and you are doing this pretty much on your own but my comments are meant only to keep you on the right path and not an outright criticism of your efforts. I applaud the fact that you have taken it upon yourself to attempt this in 3D. I would suggest, now that you have found CADTutor, if you have questions or you are unsure about how to do something you stop, take a moment, and come here to ask. You will find many knowledgeable AutoCAD users willing to help you. You will also find experts (no, I am not one!) in many different fields who can advise you on the way things are done out in the real world.

Sorry, but I make it my policy not to do student's assignments for them. I've been down that road myself. Sometimes one does well and sometimes one doesn't. It is all part of the learning process. Just take it in stride and don't let it discourage you. I'm confident that with a little assistance you'll figure it out and in the end do quite well.