Tool Palettes - Can't Add Blocks

Lee Roy

Ok, this has me very confused. I'm using AutoCAD MEP 2014 (though it's present in all variations).

I am using OOTB settings to eliminate network permissions as my issue.

I open my ACAD to an OOTB template file. Create a new tool palette, call it "CS" for now. When I try to add blocks to my palette, I get the black circle with a line through it. I get the same result when trying to add to existing OOTB palettes.

I am a network administrator and administrator on my machine, permissions shouldn't be the issue.

Checked my Options->Files and everything is pointing to the OOTB locations on my C: drive, nothing special.

The .dwg files are on my desktop, so there's no network sharing issue.

I tried going through Design Center (ADCENTER). I browsed to the folder containing the .dwg files, right-clicked and selected "Create Tool Palette" or something to that effect. It created an empty palette with no tools.

I've also tried inserting a block from another OOTB palette, no issue. Then whe trying to drag that block back to the tool palettes, it doesn't let me.

Toolbars/Panels are not locked, though I don't think that makes a difference.

Hmm...trying to think what else I've tried...I've Googled for a couple hours now, obviously with no luck.

Any other ideas?

Everything I listed up top. I keep trying each day, just cuz. I guess I'm just insane, doing the same thing but expecting different results. I really don't know what to do with it at this point.

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem with AutoCad Mechanical 2017, using my own profile derived from the vanilla profile.

When I first installed AutoCad I was able to use ADC to select drawings, RMB and "Create a Palette full of DB" and worked very nice.

This week I've been creating new DB block library files but ADC just doesn't work when trying to create additional palettes. It will actually create a new palette, but its empty. I cannot copy paste a Dynamic block into it either. I tried creating a new duplicate palette from a drawing where a palette was successfully created a short while ago from ADC, but it did not work this time.

What gives? I have a high end HP Zbook with Nvidea graphics. I tried turning off hardware acceleration, but still doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Here is the odd thing, I tried creating a palette on another machine and it doesn't work either !!!

Help?

Edited by tmalinski