Strange issues / 2 parts

Handiman

I am having an issue when I select Line, Polyline, Circle, Rectangle and then my cursor is jumpy. Like it is slow and jumping to a grid. I am not using a grid and I have checked all that I can think of. My cpu speed shouldn't be an issue.

Once I select my starting point the cursor works as normal. (quick and smooth)

So I am wondering if anyone has seen or experienced an issue like it?

Also when I make a Viewport in paper space all I get is 2 dots. What is in model space does not show up. So I copy a previous Viewport and I can make it work.

I sometime also get the 2 dots if I do an Zoom Extents in model space. Then I must do a undo or reopen the file.

As of now it is just that file. The file size is less than 5.5mb.

I did not have the problem when I first started working on the file and it does the same things from 2 computers.

I would like to find out if I did something to prevent it in the future.

Thanks in advance for your time.

F3 Object Snap On (Center, Midpoint only selected)

F4 3D Snap Off

F7 Grid Off

F9 Snap Off

F10 Ploar Tracking On

F11 Object Snap Tracking On (Perp, only selected)

For the viewport problem I think you have objects in MS that are far apart from one another. You will need to zoom to each of those dots and see what is really there and then either erase or move the objects closer together.

The jumping cursor has been asked about a lot and there is not a single cure. Sometimes it involves opening xref drawings and purging and auditing. Sometimes it is a graphics driver needing an update, etc.

Agree with RKent. You have an Mspace viewport not so tall and 23 miles long. There is a wandering object(s) someplace out there, at one or both ends of that loooooooooong viewport.

Having dynamic input, tool tips, Auto snap tracking, polar tracking, polar tracking vector, selection preview, and quick properties all on at once can make your cursor want to shoot itself. Also, polar tracking can get rather jerky if your tracking angle is large, like 90 deg. All of the above is worse proportionally, the fewer gigs there are on your graphics card.

Issue 1- mouse jumping, It was F6 (Dynamic UCS) Turn it Off and all is good. I am interested in knowing if others see the same result. Try it, select a Poly Line and move the mouse while turning F6 on and off and let me know if you see the difference.

As far as the Zoom Extents and getting 2 dots, they are dots no matter how close I get that is all that is there. If I zoom out nothing. It is like I am in a different file. I will try some things to see if I can figure it out.

Can you post a .dwg that has the funky viewport?

Can't duplicate your DUCS problem here, I run fine with it off or on.

I have AutoCAD 2011, might be a 2013 problem, you running as AutoCAD or Mechanical?

Have you checked your graphics driver version?

I am having trouble getting the dwg to upload.

I get the hour glass and it never runs out of sand.

I have checked my video card drivers and they are up to date.

I will try to upload again when I have some time in the next couple of days.