SSGET X with wildcard not working (Autocad Mac)

KeithSWD

I am using Autocad 2013 for Mac, which as I understand has the same Autolisp capabilities as the Windows product (but no Visual etc).

I have loads of drawings from consultants using Vectorworks which when converted to Autocad contain masses of single-instances of blocks, all named Group-something. I want to explode them all. But I am hitting a brick wall because my routine is not finding any blocks. So I tried just entering this at the command line to troubleshoot:

(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "INSERT") (2 . "Group*"))))

It returns Nil. I have double checked, and the blocks are all there waiting to be exploded...

I am fairly novice at Autolisp. I can't figure out what is wrong. Any help appreciated!

The filter seems valid. It is possible that you are using a localized version of AutoCAD? Please try to add an underscore in front of the selection mode:

(ssget "[b][color=red]_[/color][/b]X" '((0 . "INSERT") (2 . "Group*")))

I am using the UK version (probably the same as US). Unfortunately the underscore doesn't help.

I think it might be a Mac version issue then. I'll try the routine on a Windows based install when I get a chance. Thanks.

Embarrassingly, I have just discovered the root of my problem. Nothing to do with the code. It turned out there was block inserted at about 1/1000th of its normal size, which contained all the Group* blocks, amongst other things. I had not spotted it. In my defence, the drawing originated outside our office and was not created with Autocad... ! This block's name did not begin with 'Group' so it was not being exploded itself by my routine.

Sorry for taking up your time but thanks for trying to help.