Lidar and Point Cloud

Openantics

I am currently building a surface from a Lidar data set and i have about 2M points in a XYZ file.

Using the Point Clouds function in Propector, I followed the C3D dialogue boxes to create a database, and then used the create surface function.

question: the surface doesn not use all the points?? when i turn on points in the surface style, there are many lidar points not included. I found the Point Density slide bar, and then read this in the help file:

The system variable value is a percentage of 1,500,000, which is the maximum number of points that can exist in a drawing, regardless of the number of point clouds attached to a single drawing.

I have many more points to import to this surface, so does this mean i have to build several surfaces?

Actually the Lidar data set has 1.7M points, so i am not sure why i am at least not seeing 1.5M added to the surface

Also, the Point Cloud Properties show the following stats:

Point Cloud Object

Maximum number of points displayed: 882051

Point Cloud Database

Total number of points: 1764050

very interesting!!

thanks for any more help!

OA

Guest AARi

I have many more points to import to this surface, so does this mean i have to build several surfaces?

i will do that if you don´t want to lose info. Check always the elevation of all of them [if all are in the correct-range]