Architecture 2007

aubtiger77

I am thinking about buying a new computer. I currently have a pc running ADT2007, but considering a MacBook Pro. Is there anyway to run ADT on a mac? I cant justify paying $5000+ for a new version and I didn't even see an option for ADT (mac).

Thanks in advance.

Why switch to a Mac? If you use AutoCAD products it would make since to stay on a windows pc. Yes no ADT or Revit on OSX. You will pay more for the Mac over a pc and then the additional price for the copy of windows.

Just asking why.

Additional copy of windows?? I have other apple products and have been pleased with them. I guess just considering, and trying to see what complications it would be to get ADT to install and run on OSX.

Yep, since there is no release of AutoCAD Architecture for OSX you will have to run it in Windows, either through bootcamp or virturalization (vmware, etc). This means you will have to buy a legit copy of Windows to do this. Also Revit is the future and if you are not using it you should probably learn it and it does not run in OSX either.

Again you will pay more for the Mac hardware and then pay for the copy of windows.

Lowest price macbook is $1,199 for the 13" model.

2.5 Ghz core i5

4gb ram

500gb hdd

intel HD4000 video

$999.99 gets you a Dell 15z Ultrabook

3.1 Ghz 3rd gen core i7

8gb ram

500gb hdd w/32gb ssd

2gb nvidia gt630m video

8x dvd rw

15.6" touch screen lcd

Way more machine for less $$ :(

tell me more about revit? how is it better than ADT? I am still very impressed with ADT on how easy it is to get a 3d model view for homeowners to visualize what I am proposing.

ADT is still AutoCAD while Revit is a BIM application. It is what most big firms are going to. There is still a use for AutoCAD but BIM is the way forward.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

There are multiple and easy ways by which you can run Windows Apps on Mac. I will list some of them here so that you will get an idea :)

1. Software emulation by Wine

2. The most common is by using a Virtual Machine.

3. To install Windows using Apple boot camp

Here, read this one: https://www.techlila.com/run-windows-apps-on-mac/

If you are a noob and find it difficult to run the Windows apps on Mac then I suggest you to find the alternatives for those apps on Mac. There's always a lot to learn in a new operating system and by adding the above methods I just helped you to get better with technology :)

• SLW210 locked this topic