Text rotates in MTEXT while editing

Hi all, whenever I enter the MTEXT editing function, then type a letter on any given line of text, that line rotates to the world UCS. This makes typing almost impossible, as the overlapping text can't be read clearly.

Any suggestions?

I'm using AutoCAD 2013 for Mac and looking at my drawing with a rotated UCS.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I have not used CAD on a MAC, but the image may shed some light on your

situation. I have used the SYSVDLG command to access the variable dialog box,

which may or may not be available on a MAC.

mtextfixed.jpg

Thanks for your input, Dagdad. I've tested every configuration of both the MTEXTED and MTEXTFIXED variables to no avail. The text still rotates during editing.

One other note: this is only happening to drawings saved before today. New drawings to do not attract the same problem.

• 3 years later...

I have noticed 1 other factor in this scenario that I fought for 2years before I figured it out. The Mleader was created while a certain linetype was being used, set linetype to continuous and fixed. Set mtextfixed to 2. I have only had this problem with mleaders though, not just a mtext.

• 1 year later...

I have only encountered this problem while a linetype other than continuous was applied to the MTEXT or Mleader, If I changed the linetype in the properties it corrects the problem. I have my MTEXTED set to "internal" & MTEXTFIXED set to 2.

Chris thanks for your reply. I got excited and checked the mtext but there was no linetype applied. But just now I may have found a solution! While editing the text I clicked on the little button on the right for options and go down to "Editor Settings" and toggle on "Always Display as WYSIWYG" and now it is editing normally. I hope that solution sticks!