Inventor Pro 2014 (Student) Female threads

joe0121

I am working on a Design I need to create Female thread inside a Ti. Tube. I can make external threads but if I select the inside "wall" all of the thread options are greyed out. I did a forum and google search and nothing really covered what I need.

I am sure You will be hearing A LOT from me over the course of the next few months while I wait for my Form 1 to come back. Been hitting up youtube video like crazy. It's crazy to me this subject doesnt come up more often unless I am stuck on stupid and it's really easy and I just cant figure it out.

On another Aside if you haven't already 8 or more Gigs of memory and SSD drives are about a must for running inventor, I run it on my laptop and it really struggles. Running it on my Desktop with AMD 6 core 16 gig mem and Raid ) SSD really makes it a pleasure to work with.

Her is a Jpeg and IPT of what I have so far.

Supressor Body.ipt

Supressor Body.jpg

You posted in the AutoCAD forum, not the Inventor forum.

What size of thread are you trying to place?

You posted in the AutoCAD forum, not the Inventor forum.

What size of thread are you trying to place?

I thought Inventor was a version of AutoCad sorry...

The inside Diamater of the part is 1.600 so 1.600 X 24 TPI Female Thread Extending from the End of the Workpiece .75 In on one side and .5 on the other. In other Words I will have end caps that thread into that tube on both ends.

....The inside Diamater of the part is 1.600 so 1.600 X 24 TPI Female Thread...

Hole size must be smaller than thread size - or there will be no material in which to cut the threads.

The Hole Feature command will put the correct tap drill size and the thread (cosmetic) for you.

Hole size must be smaller than thread size - or there will be no material in which to cut the threads.

The Hole Feature command will put the correct tap drill size and the thread (cosmetic) for you.

Ok Think I got it. Still not sure on the thread I should go with for an ID of 1.650 So I think I will need to create a custom thread or increase my wall thickness to reduce the ID but I really don't want the added weight.

Supressor Body.ipt

Supressor Body.jpg