Revit Not Cutting Equipment

addesigns

I am running 2013 Revit Arch at work. I have equipment linked in. The equipment is actually generic Model because of the software that it is originally made in does not go well with Revit. In my sheets it is showing all of the equipment (from 6th level down) and not cutting through with the plane. I do not have view templates set up for the floor plans (there are 6). When I create a new floor plan referencing the original then the equipment cuts properly.

I am wondering if anyone has came across this issue before? I dont understand what could be affecting the original floor plans to not let it cut through. Its not a big deal and I am able to show what I want by creating a new of the original, line up the grids and turn off everything but the equipment.

Thanks for any help

If you Import the 3D components into a Generic Family first, then Load into Revit, it should cut. Is this the procedure you followed?

Either Special Equipment or Generic Model, one of them doesn't show a cut view, IIRC.

Put your equipment in the proper Family Category, if for nothing else than better view control.

It was brought in from PDMS and it was set as an in place model. It seemed to cut fine at first, but then a coworker set up view templates for the floor plans and that is what changed everything. Now the templates are not appled to the view but the equipment wouldnt cut. Its not a big deal, I was able to create a copy of each floor plan and turn everything off except the equipment (since that would cut properly) and set it over the view already applied to the sheet. I was just curious of this has happened before