Dynamic Block can do question

Hi again. I want to make a dynamic block that is made up of a rectangle. This rectangle will have an arrow on one side. The dynamic part will be to rotate the arrow to the centre of any of each of the four sides. Can this be done ?and if your answer happens to be yes please provide me with the how too's. I'm using AutoCad Architecture 2011.

Hi JamFam

One way would be using the visibility states, you draw the object with an arrow on all the sides then hide them.

Have a look at this link on

Kevin

Hi guys. Thanks for the help. I watched the youtube video on visibility and I will use it. You see, you can teach a dog old tricks. Question for dbroada. If I were to rotate the arrows, how would that happen on a rectangle? Thanks

yeah, didn't read the question fully. The rotate would allow the arrow to point in the direction of the side but not directly on it. First instinct of dynamic block remains the best option.

A polar stretch sounds like it would suit your purposes, it combines the different distances along with a rotation from a base point.

VERY NICE - I had never thought of that. :notworthy:

Hey guys. So I've looked at steven-g's dwg but can't do much with it. What's it suppose to do? I'm guessing the different visibility states will work just fine. Will try and post results?

Thanks