Cant delete layer

theking

Well, that's ambiguous...

Are there any objects on these layers? Are these layers locked? Are they part of an XREF? A little more info would help...

Ty pqphillips,

I cant find the cause for not deleting, but I have delete them now.:D

I just draw one line in that layer and use LAYDEL. It worked and the layer is deleted.

I think it was Xref. But if there is noting in that layer why I cant purge them !!!

Well, if it was an XREF, then the only way to delete them is to delete the layer on the original drawing and update the XREF. This is something that I do not recommend.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

You may want to give the commandline purge command a try.

Enter -purge at the commandline including the hyphen,

then follow the prompts.

It certainly does sound like they may be in an xref though,

but still worth a try, in case thay are not.

If you couldn't purge them, then they are either current or something is on them. Try Qselect or Filter to see if you can locate them. They could be nested in blocks, etc.

See similar threads below and do a search on CADTutor, this has been gone through a few times.

You can always go to Format > Layer Tools > Layer Delete, then follow the prompt to select the layer and it WILL go away, but it MIGHT take stuff you need with, so be careful. I swear I've had empty, noncurrent layers that were not xref'd in or out of the dwg that get "stuck" and that's been the only way I've found to force them out. Again, be careful b/c it will affect your drawing as well as any others that reference it.