polyline line weight

Dear all,

I created a xref. this xref included some poly line. width is 0.2mm. i need this poly line line weight should be change from different view port. right now this is shown in narrow line width. how can change this line weight at view port?:cry:

I'm afraid that you cannot have different polyline widths by viewport on the same item.

However, there is a workaround: you may override the layer properties by viewport, so set different lineweights on those. Alternatively may do the same with the colors using an appropriate CTB file.

Disclaimer: not sure if layers properties override is available in AutoCAD 2011.

Polylines, by definition, plot to scale according to their assigned width. If different lineweights are necessary, you will have to explode it in the XREF. Then you can have different lineweights according to color or layer.

If different lineweights are necessary, you will have to explode it in the XREF.

May achieve the same result by setting polyline's width to 0; this way will not lose other features specific to polylines (on entity, dashed linetype behavior).