Roof Issues -

emptymirror

Good Afternoon,

I am having an issue with a roof over a porch! HELP!

The back ground:

1. Small residential project with two floors.

2. I have a deck off of the family room in the back and a covered entry way at the front of the house, the later is presently UNCOVERED presently...

3. I used the Roof generate tool, that was the easy part.... but am at a loss for how to generate a SEPARATE roofs over the decks I mentioned in point number 2 above.

Some things I have tried:

1. Have also used the Roof Tool to generate a roof for the entire structure that was the easy part...

2. The Roof Slab tool, which appears to have NO rhyme or reason to it... still working with that one.

3. Have tried the Roof Generate Tool, then converted the entire roof to Roof Slabs, and tried to edit out the parts that I did not want... ie the back sloping of side sloping... not very succesful.

Folks am I missing something obvious? Any and all direction would be appreciated.

:shock:

Using Autocad Architecture 2012.

Do your porch as a separate roof entity.

Use the GABLE command-line switch to tell it which bits you want to be gables.

For example, if you only wanted it to slope in one direction your command sequence would be:

ROOFADD (then set your slope, height, style etc.)

GABLE

YES

GABLE

NO

GABLE

YES

dJE

• 4 months later...