Granite Gazebo

Cad64

This one was done back in August of last year. It's a close up render of a granite gazebo that is part of a larger estate garden. All work, and rendering, was done in 3ds Max with minor touch ups and composition in Photoshop.

Sparkman-HE-Detail-1.jpg

• 2 years later...

I currently work in mainly Civil 3D and I would love to be able to do this in 3DS Max. Just so I could show site renderings so I don't have to keep using Photoshop so much. I have tried several different tutorials and have not had much luck. I still haven't given up yet though.

Nice but the question remains can Cad alone able to produce such neetness rendering without any difference with the one from 3Ds Max ?

The answer is no, simply because you can't add realistic 3D grass, shrubs and trees in Autocad. If you want to create photo realistic renderings, you have to use a program like 3ds Max. Or, you can build and render your model in Autocad and then add trees and plants in Photoshop. Or you can take your CAD model into Sketchup and use Vray for rendering or use a program like Accurender. Autocad alone cannot produce these types of renders.

Well, if you've got questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do my best to answer. Or, if you need to hire a freelancer to do the renderings for you, I'm available. ;)

Thank you sir. Always a pleasure talking to you. I will get in touch with you if I need anything. 3DS is def. kicking my butt. I keep at it though. I need to try and find some more tutorials for beginners. The ones where the presenter doesn't talk and uses notepad drives me crazy haha.

Yeah, Studio Max is a bit of a bear. Of all the programs I've taught myself how to use, I think it has the steepest learning curve. If you're serious about learning it, I would recommend purchasing some professional video training. Youtube videos and free tutorials online will only get you so far. And yeah, the videos where the guy uses notepad to type out instructions are ridiculous. If you're going to spend time creating a video tutorial, buy a microphone!