Penn Foster Basketball court project

cosme017

I would like to get the drawings. Sounds as if you know a lot about Cad. I've done the Olsen Village prior. Can't I get the Basketball drawings if you have them? :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• cosme017

• JB23JB

• neophoible

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll try to put this as nicely as I can.

If I did have the drawings, which I do not, I would not just hand them over to you. I would however be willing to assist you in any other manner. You are the student responsible for the work; I am not. Giving you drawings to hand in as your own would be dishonest.

Now, what do you want to do?

We're off to a good start I see.

It's pretty much standard policy here at CT that we will not just hand over completed drawings to students. Some of us were students at one time or another and did our own projects. There is no reason you can't do the same.

You want help with the project or not?

Ok? I've seen plenty of drawing projects posted on CT. Just not the one I'm looking for. At this time don't need help and can most likely do them just like I already have. I was just looking to save my self time do to the fact that I don't design things. Thanks for all the nonsense anyway!

You aren't designing anything as the scope of project is fully covered in the instructions which I believe also contains images of what is to be drawn. Let's not make this out to be more complicated than it is. You are definitely not designing this from scratch.

Just as I thought.

I dug out my copy of the Penn-Foster "Study Guide - AutoCAD Applications for Engineering Technology" which has a chapter called "Lesson 5: Final Project" and it just so happens to be the project JB is seeking drawings for. If he refers to page 52 he will see a plan view of the basketball backboard and base. And if he turns to page 53 he will see an elevation and side view of the same components. The student is not only given a verbal description of the project but is also provided with sketches of all three required views. The one thing that is missing are the detail views which are merely larger scale drawings of some of the components easily taken from the three standard orthographic views. There is little to no "designing" involved. This project, in my opinion, is not even as involved as the required structural project or the elective structural project.

Edited by ReMark