Adobe goes subscription only!

SLW210

They certainly know how to stick to the end user don't they? Just a matter of time before the other "big boys" in town jump on that bandwagon. To which I say "Adios, amigos!"

I just upgraded to Photoshop CS6 about a month ago. Good thing I did.

Illustrator is CS5 and Dreamweaver is CS4.

The way I understand it is that on the creative cloud you pay $50 per month which equates to $600 per year. That gets you Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Premiere Pro. I don't use InDesign or Premiere Pro, so I'm already paying for 2 programs that I don't need. But if I only pay for the 3 programs I use, then I have to pay $20 each which ups the monthly payment to $60 per month. So if I sign up for 2 years on their creative cloud with the 3 programs I use, that's over $1,400. I could almost buy all 3 programs with that money. But if I cancel my subscription after the 2 years, I can no longer use the programs that I pretty much already paid for? :?

This is a real BS move by Adobe in my opinion. Looks like I won't be purchasing any more software from them. :glare:

But if I cancel my subscription after the 2 years, I can no longer use the programs that I pretty much already paid for? :?

Yep, this is what gets me as well. It's not the $50 a month, that is not bad for their catalog. It's the ability to lose your ability to open files after paying so much.

Yeah, I used to really like Adobe, and I love Photoshop. I think it's just an amazing program. But there is no way I'm getting on subscription with them, or any software company. I've already moved away from Autodesk and I guess now it's time to turn my back on Adobe. This is truly a sad day. :cry:

The company will sacrifice the individual user for the sake of putting a stranglehold on the companies that can't do without their software.

I'm seriously considering recommending we do not renew our Subscription to AutoCAD. Judging by some of the users here I could easily go a decade and still run what I have.

You see that is the good thing about AutoDesk. Once you pay for it you can use it until either the OS or hardware no longer supports it. Those usually take a while, unless you are on a mac (lol).

According to some web sources, they already had 500,000 signed up for the Creative Cloud when it was voluntary.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Autodesk and others follow in the future.

I just talked to one of my friends. He does the IT for his company and he's excited about the creative cloud because it's makes his job easier. I guess this type of subscription service is nice for businesses, but it kills the little guys, like me. I can't afford another monthly bill. And it's all just lost money if I ever have to cancel my subscription. I'll just stick with the programs I have, for as long as I can. :roll:

I don't understand why they're making this an "all or nothing" situation? They won't even allow you to purchase the programs individually anymore. It's either get on the subscription or get lost. That really pisses me off. :reallymad:

Another reason big companies like this, drive the little guys out of the market.

That's why I think Autodesk will force the Cloud, just look at what they did with AutoCAD WS.

According to some web sources, they already had 500,000 signed up for the Creative Cloud when it was voluntary.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Autodesk and others follow in the future.

Adobe fanboys are just like Apple fanboys, they will always drink the "kool-aide"!

• 2 weeks later...

From a money point of view more power Adobe, but I'm not a fan of this subscription approach.

Just pay up front or in instalments and then own it forever.