visual styles

tonyj

I have a problem with the visual style in a drawing. It is only happening in one particular drawing and came on suddenly. It is a 3d model of solids that are all made into blocks etc. When I am viewing the drawing in 'shaded' mode, all the solids look as if I am modifying a block, and the whole drawing looks like the ones that are not been modified. I hope that makes sense. I have opened another drawing that does not have this problem and compared the styles and they are identical. In options, on the display tab, fade control is set to 70 and this is what I always have it set to.

If I do modify a block in the drawing everything is normal, the block been modified is brighter than the rest, but when I finish the modification it all goes back to everything been faded. Its a little bit annoying because I find 'shaded' mode to be the one style that is not too hard on the computer.

This problem does not occur in 'conceptual', 'shaded with edges' or 'realistic' modes.

I have restarted the computer, but its still the same.

Here are a couple of screen shots. The one with the block been modified, the red and green assembly, is what the model should look like all the time when in shaded mode.

SHADED MODE WHEN EDITING BLOCK.jpg

SHADED MODE WHEN NOT EDITING ANY BLOCK.jpg

I've never seen that before. Have you tried to Audit the drawing?

Can you post that drawing?

Will not be at work till later and will post it then.

I won't be able to post the full drawing, but I will post part of it and hopefully it will have the same issue.

I don't know the first thing about auditing a drawing

:(

Remark, I am using Full autocad at work and have autocad lt at home.

Shows up fine here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42069[/ATTACH]

Are you in 'shaded' mode, your image looks like 'shaded eith edges' and what happens when you edit one of the blocks in place.

I don't know if this will mean anything. But when I 'Write block' any of the parts or blocks to a separate file there is no problem with that file. The 'Part drawing' that I attached was the full model with everything deleted and purged, except of course for the two blocks.

Did you try an Audit yet? I did and got no errors but maybe the full drawing might show something. I usually write these things off as gremlins, Wblock and continue my work.

Maybe someone has a solution or at least knows the cause.

Did you try an Audit yet? I did and got no errors but maybe the full drawing might show something. I usually write these things off as gremlins, Wblock and continue my work.

Maybe someone has a solution or at least knows the cause.

Yeah, I tried an Audit but got no errors. I will Wblock the whole model.

Thanks for trying to solve it.:)

Maybe watching this video could be of some help.

It deals with setting visual styles from the very basic system variables.

Maybe watching this video could be of some help.

It deals with setting visual styles from the very basic system variables.

Thanks Togores, but that video has absolutely nothing to do with the problem I had.

Thanks Togores, but that video has absolutely nothing to do with the problem I had.

I meant to point out that the characteristics of visual styles are set from a series of system variables. I believe your problem could have something to do with this.

In your case maybe you could check the value of the DRAGVS system variable.

If not, maybe checking the differences between these system variables in one or the other drawing.

I meant to point out that the characteristics of visual styles are set from a series of system variables. I believe your problem could have something to do with this.

In your case maybe you could check the value of the DRAGVS system variable.

If not, maybe checking the differences between these system variables in one or the other drawing.

Ok thanks. I will check that out.:)