Revit Links

addesigns

I am wondering if there is a way to keep a view template settings even if a link is removed? Just today I was refreshing the structural link so I could see the latest and greatest changes and it would not reflect what was changing. To solve this issue I unloaded the link and then just reloaded it. This is the first time I have ever had to do this, I have never had a problem with refreshing.

The reason I ask is because now I have to go through my view templates and correct them to reflect how I want them too show. Is this even possible or am I just gonna be SOL if I have to do this again in the future?

I did do the reload from latest but it still did not show the changes. I was finally able to see the changes by unlinking then relinking the structural. Also, the view templates did not hold true, which sucked, because athought the view template was applied i stiil had to go through and turn a bunch of stuff off that was previously. I assume this is because I unliked the revit file.

Reload Latest does not reload your links, it reloads changes from your central file.

You need to go to "Manage Links" (ML on my keyboard, but mines custom and I don't remember if that's default or not), select your link, then select "Reload" or "Reload From".

(ML on my keyboard, but mines custom and I don't remember if that's default or not)
Lol... +1 on that, and no it's not a default keyboard command IIRC.

I see. I was reloading from there but I did not try the "Reload From" just the "reload" either way, it is corrected now.