Door Dynamic Block; Door Panel Scale Changes

p01ak

Hi, I am setting up a dynamic block with a few of the door types within the one block. Everything seems fine but when you switch between a few of the Flyout Options the panel size (which is scaled due to the arc) sometimes plays up.

Try open the block; select "Hinged w_0 SIDELIGHT" say 780 and than a 880

this should work without any issues and look correct...

now select say the "Pivot w_1 SIDELIGHT" 1330 for example.

if you go back and select "Hinged w_0 SIDELIGHT" 780 or 880 or 980

you will see that the door leaf/arc now won't look right. and as you select a another size it will just mess up more..

Any ideas how i can fix this or what i did wrong....?

DOOR_A (PLAN).dwg

I'm afraid its a bit too complicated to really see what is going on so I can't really comment.

Would there be any mileage in having different arcs and dimensions controled just by the visibilty actions rather than keeping them live as it appears now? Or maybe one arc for each visibility and then stretch the arc for just that visibility.

Incidentally, when I first looked at the block I selected one of the larger sizes and could not continue. I would add SOMETHING graphical to each visibility state so that the block can be selected. :D

I'm impressed you have done a lot of work there, I think the problem is with the properties table, I haven't used them that extensively to fully understand what is going on, but I believe that you would need to add a few more rows in order to get it too work (well maybe 100 or more) for all the various combinations of sizes and visibilities you have to enter every single one. When I get a bit more time I will take a proper look through it.

Don't ask why, it is probably in the help somewhere, but I think I have figured it out, when you swap visibility states, in stead of turning all other parameters to zero turn them back to their standard size. I've done a couple in the attachment and it looks to have fixed it for those. But there are lots more to change.

DOOR_B (PLAN).dwg

thanks that might work.... I'll have a play and upload the block on here when it works correctly :)

thats autocad for you....