Toolspace setting

sandiegophil

Hello,

I am looking for a way to change the background color of the toolspace, similar to the way you can change the command line background. I am hoping it is not controlled by a windows color setting. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

ReMark,

Sorry, no. I mean the actual toolspace with the prospector, settings, survey and toolbox tabs.

Thanks,

Phil

Mark - Toolspace is a Civil 3D native Tool Palette (pilfered from Maya when Autodesk acquired Alias|Wavefront)... It's used to manage surfaces, points, alignments, etc..

In any event, to change the background color of the Toolspace, simply:

• Right click the Desktop select Personalize
  • Select Windows Colors
  • Select the Advanced Appearance Settings... link
  • In the Dropdown List select Window
  • You'll see a Color1 Box chance that color

... Keep in mind this will change more than just Toolspace. :thumbsup:

BlackBox,

That was my fear. I was hoping to do this through c3d or the registry without 'involving' windows. Regardless, thank you for your detailed help and your time.

Regards,

Phil

BlackBox,

I applied your instructions. Unfortunately it only changes the background of the text in the tool space, the background color seems to be set by a different variable. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Phil

Not sure how adept you are with .NET Development, but Toolspace (like all other Tool Palettes, Properties Pane, Ribbon, etc.), are either Forms or Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Control Objects... Specifically a PaletteSet Object, which if memory serves is derived from the default Windows Forms Control (which is why changing the color as noted above works [in part]).

You're not going to find any Registry setting for this AFAIK; if possible at all, one of two things is necessary... Either manipulate the original Toolspace Object's Properties (assuming the Toolspace Control's API has been exposed for developers), or wait for Autodesk to build this feature functionality into the application.

BlackBox,

Thank you for your help. It seems I am going to have to wait and see if Autodesk makes it available. :rofl:

Regards,

Phil

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Now that I am working away with civil 3d 2015, has anyone found a way to change the background color of the toolspace? The dark color scheme is much better for my eyes but I want to change toolspace as well. All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil