how to launch macros then layers in autocad is selected

Robke

Hello all, i don't know if i'm right for writting here.

so i have some problems. some time ago i read that if you want to create self active program or how to say... erm... the programs which launches itself by cliking lines or something else in autocad... you should use Visual Studio (if i remember there is something for autocad visual basic express?).. and create code like module or patterns?

is there any possibility to create such a program using only VBA for 2012 autocad?

The VBA automation module is integrated into AutoCAD and its routines may be associated with events - that it, the execution of code is triggered by a user action. However, please don't miss that VBA was discontinued and is still available as an optional enabler. So, you may invest your time in something that will be no longer around in a few years.

Rather than VBA may want to look to other solutions, AutoLISP or even .Net API. From my knowledge those cannot be associated with events, but there is a workaround, namely using reactors.