Car modeling 2009 Chevy Camaro

Raudel Solis

The first image is a "pretty picture"

I created a simple car paint material and blended it with a wireframe material

*The edges shown are the actual 3d model edges

wireframe preview.jpg

The following image is just a snip of my viewport with scene statistics.

scene state 5-28.jpg

Yes; and no.

I was very enthusiastic about the project, and was progressing.

What halted me was an unfortunate event with regard to the .max file.

I'm guessing I trashed it during my periodical desktop sweep.

I was distraught after being unsuccessful at retrieving the file.

This event halted 3ds max usage for various days until I found an interest in creating the 2009 camaro featured which according to 3ds max I began working on it on May 25th.

The Queen Anne mansion is still on my agenda, I've been using time to gather more reference images, I just wish things had not turned the way they did

:oops:

That sucks, but there is a lesson or two to be learned from this.

1. Never save your working files on your desktop. Always save to a dedicated project folder.

2. Always do periodic incremental saves, so you have multiple copies of your project, in case your working file gets corrupted or you accidentally delete it.

That sucks, but there is a lesson or two to be learned from this.

1. Never save your working files on your desktop. Always save to a dedicated project folder.

2. Always do periodic incremental saves, so you have multiple copies of your project, in case your working file gets corrupted or you accidentally delete it.

The best lessons are learned the hard way, Your 2 key points are very valuable.

Despite knowing the importance of efficient file management I often disregard the process on certain projects.

Overall my design assets are organized which is why I usually don't start the project organization process until around the project midpoint which is when the renders start to pile up.

I'l have to focus more on reducing risks in data loss.

- On an unrelated matter.... Do you have the tapatalk application?

I ask this because you're quick to appear on the forum. :thumbsup:

No, I don't have tapatalk, I just have the forum open on my 2nd monitor while I'm working in the evening. So every now and then I'll glance over to see if anyone has posted anything.

As for good file management, I learned my lesson the hard way. I was working on a project for a client and I had no incremental saves and no backup copies. Then one day my file just wouldn't open anymore. I tried various methods to recover it, but it was just dead. It had somehow become corrupt, so I had to start over again from the beginning. That was an extremely costly lesson. So my best advice for you, and everyone, is to develop good file saving and file management techniques now because losing all your hard work is no fun.

No, I don't have tapatalk, I just have the forum open on my 2nd monitor while I'm working in the evening. So every now and then I'll glance over to see if anyone has posted anything.

I was just struck across the face with the fact that you're in California which is two hours behind Dallas/ Arlington:|

+1

May 29th quitting time progress.

Worked out the best method to create the hub caps

and Finished off the back section on the side of the trunk.

scene state 5-29.jpg