Automatic Save File Location Problem

cadiehl

Using 2011 on W7 64 bit machine. When I try to set the location for the "Autosave File Location" or the "Temp Dwg File Location", I get the attached error message. I've done everything I know to fix it to no avail. I am on my personal laptop, I am an admin will full control rights of course, I've made sure the folders are not read only.... this has been like this for some time now. I don't know what to do.

Thanks,

CAD

autocad error.jpg

It looks like your computer and AutoCAD disagree.

What happens if you move the location of the folder to your Desktop? Does it work then?

HMMM. Interesting. I created a folder on my desktop and changed the save location to it. It gave me the same error, yet switched to it anyway. Now I cannot switch it back to where I originally had it. Yes, my computer and autocad disagree.... AND my computer hates me. This is strange. I refuse to believe I am the only one with this issue.

ReMark... quick update. I restarted autocad and the problem went away. I'm stunned. I wonder what happened when I saved it to the folder I created on my desktop as you advised. Now it works fine. I can switch to any folder. Scratching my head....

ReMark... quick update. I restarted autocad and the problem went away. I'm stunned. I wonder what happened when I saved it to the folder I created on my desktop as you advised. Now it works fine. I can switch to any folder. Scratching my head....

I only perform one magic trick a day per person. You have used up your allotment.