Installation Issue - Product Design Suite 2014

pqphillips

Okay folks, I have a doozy for you...

I decided to install Product Design Suite 2014 on my computer as a free 30 day trial.

My issue is this:

My computer froze up pretty hard during the previous installation of PDS2014 and I have to do a hard reboot in the middle of the installation (the cause was Windows Explorer taking a crap on me, which slowed down the installation process to the point where it would take days).

Once I got back up, I tried reinstalling PDS2014, only to get the error message that Electrical 2014 (it comes with PDS2014) was already installed. Electrical 2014 wouldn't start, though, so I went in to the Program Uninstall and tried to uninstall it, only to find out that it had NOT been installed on my computer. So I tried repairing the installation, only to get the same message that it had already been installed. Repeat ad nauseum.

So, I went in and uninstalled the entirety of PDS2014 and, to be certain, manually went in and deleted every remaining file associated with Autodesk (other than my personal working files). I rebooted the computer and started the installation from scratch.

Yep, you guessed it... it said that Electrical 2014 has already been installed. GYAH!

Can anyone help me out on this?

Disregard. There were some registry key issues on the C drive that were telling the installer that Electrical 2014 had been installed, even though apparently only the registry info had been installed at the time of the crash.

Got it fixed by using Microsoft Fix-It.