help in how to render this drawing

sparkyuk

Hello All I need help in how to render the attached drawing.

I have not drawn any 3d drawings before, so I have no idea in how to do it as you can see from my drawing it is not working. it looks better when i zoom in but not from a normal view ?

Its a simple raised flower bed with 2 boxes and a joining wall made of bricks, so I need to render it so the walls are brick with a hole in the boxes for dirt.

front garden AC 2007.dxf

One of the boxes seems to be incorrect. You did not subtract out the 3Dsolid rectangle within it.

What are the boxes actually sitting on? I assume they do not need a bottom. Is that correct?

Hi remark the boxes will be open to allow drainage, but the walls will have footings.

The way i built the wall was to draw the outline then pushed/pulled to get the height was that the wrong way to build the wall ?

sorry have no idea what or how to, this is just something the wife wants to able to show the builder when he comes tomorrow to quote for the work, i don't normally do anything like this so any help to fix my issues would be great please

The box on the left has no hole. Subtract the 3Dsolid rectangle that is inside of the box to create the hole.

The box on the right actually has a solid bottom. Whatever was subtracted from it did not extend to the bottom of the box. Was that intentional?

BTW...I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the past I advised you not to put everything on layer "0". You did not take that advice to heart.

Materials can be assigned to objects or to layers. I think assigning them to layers makes more sense.

No i didn't do anything intentional lol i don't even know how i got it to that point, as for subtracting the 3d rectangle i didn't know i had one lol

edit well I went back and played some more and got it a bit better looking still not great but i am trying to do it myself :oops:

front garden AC 2007.dwg

Edited by sparkyuk