Problem "Insert In Model Space" on Inventor 2014

PetrolAholic

Hi all, I'm a current user of Inventor Professional 2013 and am in the process of migrating over to 2014, I've got almost everything sorted and am really liking some of the new features.

However, I have a major problem which is preventing me from using the new software full time. Have asked around and done several google searches but no one can provide an answer.

Basically, I send a lot of my drawings out for Lazer cutting, and they require a model space dwg file for there laser cutting machine, when I right click and select "Insert In Model Space" like I always did in 2013, and 2012 and all previous versions it worked fine and then can see the profile in model space tab. In 2014 however I get the error message "Invalid input for request". And nothing happens.

Has anyone else got this problem? It seems fairly localized to me as I said I've searched and cannot find anywhere!

Thanks for your help.

Matt

have you posted this question on the Autodesk forums?

To be honest, no. I have contacted my reseller and awaiting a response. It's the first time I've actually found a problem no one else seems to have. I always google then search throughout the Autodesk forums.

Maybe I should sign up!

Also just had a thought, when I "migrated" over from 2013 to 2014 I copied all the 2013 templates (including the default ones) and pasted them into the 2014 folder. So I retained my 2013 template dwg files.

I then migrated all the files in that folder to 2014 so I can use 2014.

If I need to get the 2014 files back I will need to reinstall 2014 but don't know if that is the issue!

Could someone attach a "default" .dwg template so I can load that to see if it cures the problem before I go reinstalling? Thanks.

On a side note there's been no response on the Autodesk forum.