Stretching a feature

Viu

If it is not a native Inventor 3d model then you cannot stretch the Iges file in Inventor however Inventor Fusion (free to download google it) can do what you want. Inventor Fusion is Direct modeller built from the ground up to manipulate geometry. I notice you are running Inventor 2013 so you should also have Fusion.;)

If it is not a native Inventor 3d model then you cannot stretch the Iges file in Inventor however Inventor Fusion (free to download google it) can do what you want. Inventor Fusion is Direct modeller built from the ground up to manipulate geometry. I notice you are running Inventor 2013 so you should also have Fusion.;)

whoops I must have posted that rather late at night, I do have an inventor IPT file not an IGS file but it will not upload.

If it is not a native Inventor 3d model then you cannot stretch the Iges file in Inventor ...

Been able to "stretch" an imported model in Inventor for as long as I can remember.

Right click on the Base solid and select Edit Solid.

Solid Editing.png

Not sure why it will not upload, roll the end marker to the top of the feature tree and try again.

I see the problem now, my file is just over 2 mb, upload limit is 500kb.

Dude, this isn't the way to get what you want anyway. Stretching an AR-15 lower does not really make it into an AR-10.

Just get the right dimensions for an AR-10 magazine well and model it. There's plenty of blueprints online, and you'll learn a lot more about how to use Inventor if you just model the thing from scratch.

That's how I started learning how to use Inventor - I got the blueprints for a Sten and worked through those.