Some Dimensions Properties are Grayed Out

bachrock

When I pulled up the drawing in plain AC 2012 (that's all I have), the X,Y properties were not greyed out. Are you sure this purged version has them greyed out for you?

Yes, I'm certain. Numberous options are grayed out including "text outside align", "text pos hor", and "text pos vert".

By the way, I'm using Civil 3d 2012.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bachrock

• ReMark

• SLW210

• neophoible

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42367[/ATTACH]

Tested in plain Jane AutoCAD. See...no grey.

There seems to be gray where there is for me. I can't click and change "text pos hor" because it's grayed out. Is it not the same for you?

Is this the only Civil 3D drawing you happen to have a problem with in regards to changing characteristics of your dimensions?

Is this the only Civil 3D drawing you happen to have a problem with in regards to changing characteristics of your dimensions?

I have this problem with all preexisting drawings.

EDIT: I just opened up a new drawing, made a polyline, gave it a dimension, and was able to change "dim pos hor" and the others.

Edited by bachrock

Maybe it has something to do with the dimension style you are using. What's the source?

In your new drawing create a new dimension style with a unique name. Set up all the parameters to match those of the dimstyle used in your old drawings. Bring the new style into one of the old drawings. Set the style to "current" and dimension something. Now try to change some feature of the new dimension via the Properties palette. What happens?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42367[/ATTACH]

Tested in plain Jane AutoCAD. See...no Grey.

A see some are grayed out, Fractional Type; Text Outside Align; Text Pos Hor; Text Pos Vert; Text Inside Align; Measurement.

A see some are grayed out, Fractional Type; Text Outside Align; Text Pos Hor; Text Pos Vert; Text Inside Align; Measurement.
Yes, I do too, and did so in my case as well. But the X, Y ones were not, and those seemed to be the most important. The fact that they are different without me doing anything to the drawing led me to believe smth else is going in.

Yes, I'm certain. Numberous options are grayed out including "text outside align", "text pos hor", and "text pos vert".

By the way, I'm using Civil 3d 2012.

Yes, many of those are greyed out, but not the X, Y in mine. That's why I asked to check specifically to make sure.

There seems to be gray where there is for me. I can't click and change "text pos hor" because it's grayed out. Is it not the same for you?
No, not for me. The X, Y work just fine, just like for ReMark.

Maybe it has something to do with the dimension style you are using. What's the source?
The DIMSTYLE is what I suspected at first, as some items are greyed out in my own DIMSTYLEs here, not just with regard to the OP's. But it's strange to me that his would have some greyed out on his machine but not on ours. Perhaps it has to do with certain items not being originally editable in the old drawings plus being Civil3D?