Some Dimensions Properties are Grayed Out

bachrock

So I'm trying to adjust the "text y pos" among other things for several dimensions, but that option is grayed out.

I tried to work around this by c/p the dimension from another drawing where that option isn't grayed out. When I paste it in my drawing that option becomes grayed out. Also, that dimension's text height is 0.125 and yet looks the same as the text in my drawing of 0.3125. Its arrow size is the same as the ones in my drawing and yet they look bigger.

Anyone know what's going on here?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bachrock

• ReMark

• SLW210

• neophoible

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like it may be an ANNOTATIVITY or ASSOCIATIVITY issue. If your dimensions were in PAPERSPACE you wouldn't have his kind of issue. :|

Sounds like it may be an ANNOTATIVITY or ASSOCIATIVITY issue. If your dimensions were in PAPERSPACE you wouldn't have his kind of issue. :|

How can I fix it? Are you suggesting I dimension in paperspace?

Can you attach a copy of this drawing to your next post?

Regardless of how much I delete, the file size is just over 1MB (the limit). I can't open my dropbox or any such website because I'm at work.

Did you -PURGE the Drawing? Sounds like you have more problems than just the dimension.

If that doesn't work just WBLOCK the Dimension to a new drawing.

I'm not familiar with purging.

I've resolved all the problems except the grayed out options.

It seems using WBLOCK for dimensions would be tedious as there are many.

I'm not familiar with purging.

I've resolved all the problems except the grayed out options.

It seems using WBLOCK for dimensions would be tedious as there are many.

purging is like truely deleting stuff.

worth investigating.

also 'audit' is useful.....do save, purge, audit over and over until there is no more purging possible and no errors reported.

purging is like truely deleting stuff.

worth investigating.

also 'audit' is useful.....do save, purge, audit over and over until there is no more purging possible and no errors reported.

Will do. What does it have to do with my problem.

Will do. What does it have to do with my problem.

purge to clean up your file and it may well reduce the filesize (for posting here)

audit - autocad searches the drawing for errors and can try (usually quite successfully) to fix them.

i usually save,purge, audit, (& repeat as necessary) when i am finished with a dwg or sending it out.

If you are going to purge a drawing use the command line version which is -purge. Purge Regapps first. Purge again but this time use the All option. Then Audit. If none of that works then you have to go to plan B.

My advice was to allow you to get a file size that would allow you to post the problem drawing to CADTutor. You need only WBLOCK one of the dimensions in order to post it here for troubleshooting.

My advice was to allow you to get a file size that would allow you to post the problem drawing to CADTutor. You need only WBLOCK one of the dimensions in order to post it here for troubleshooting.

I just made a drawing with a single polyline and it's too large. Weird.

Sounds like you have a lot of "garbage" that was brought over from the original drawing now in your new drawing.

Before you start jot down the starting file size for reference later.

Export this new drawing to a Microstation V8 DGN file. Do not change any of the export settings. Close your original drawing and don't save the changes.

Now, open a new AutoCAD drawing. Import the V8 DGN file you created. Do not change any of the import settings. After importing the drawing do a zoom > all. Stop.

Do a -PURGE > Regapps.

Do a -PURGE > ALL

Do an AUDIT.

Save the drawing then close it.

Reopen the drawing and repeat the two -PURGE steps and AUDIT. Save the drawing.

What is the file size now?

When I pulled up the drawing in plain AC 2012 (that's all I have), the X,Y properties were not greyed out. Are you sure this purged version has them greyed out for you?