Help drawing this simple thing?

kad_911

Hey...

Can any1 help me with drawing this thing? I have NO idea how to get this accurately.. please help with step by step info?

thanx alot

.dr1.png

Edited by kad_911
edited. wrong dimensions

Don't feel too bad, there is no single solution with out at least one more dimension, and even then, you'd have to "guess" that the arcs are tangent, and guessing is never a good ideal.

No no this is not a solution attempt.. I just TRIED to draw whats in the document I have. The problem is, its a hard copy. So I didnt have another way to get a digital copy of it.

I can draw the 1st 22Radius circle, and the 85Radius circle. (By drawing a circle with the radius of 85 and snapping its tangent to the quadrant of the 1st circle)

But I have NO idea how to draw the other 2.. there are no tangents.. both of those are crossing each other.

and these are the only values given...

Please help.

At least one of the dimensions is way out of proportion with the sketch. It's either not drawn correctly, or not dimensioned correctly. and in either case it's not dimensioned adequately. A very quick "eyeballing" shows the horizontal distance of 45 to be nearly half of what is should be.

NoSolution.jpg

If you can provide sufficient dimensions, I'll make you a video tutorial how to construct it, but without actual dimensions, you can't draw it any more accurately than if you were to tape the hard copy to your screen and trace over it.

Missing Dimensions.jpg

Edited by nestly

No no this is not a solution attempt.. I just TRIED to draw whats in the document I have. ...

and these are the only values given...

Then it sounds like it is a solution attempt. I was just trying to verify that you weren't given exactly what you posted and told to redraw this.

Don't you have a camera that you could take a picture of the hard copy?

A lot of computers have a camera right at the top of the monitor.

Most cell phones have cameras.

Without more information I am guessing at these possible solutions.

possible solutions.jpg

Edited by JD Mather

Thank you for your reply. The document I have is also not very clear on this. BUT im guessing that its the 3rd possibility that you provided. The center or the 12Radius circle is inline with the 10 unit mark.

Can you please give me a solution for this drawing?

ReMark, I'm assuming this isn't a class assignment as I'd hope no teacher would ask a student to draw something without the required parameters. The 75 dimension isn't a "real dimension" the OP edited his screencap to match the 75 that I had placed on the "eyeballed" version I posted... the screencap originallu showed the horizontal dimension as 45. I'm only posting this to demonstrate the method, it should not be considered an accurate reproduction of the undimensioned "hard copy"

Given that the center of the R12 arc is 10 units above and 75 units to the right of the center of the R22 arc, here's one method.

Thank you nestly for your wonderful solution. :)

And yes, its NOT a class assignment.

The mistake with the distances were actually corrected with reason after the thread has been posted. As you can see, it says:

"Last edited by kad_911; 6th Jun 2013 at 11:14 pm. Reason: edited. wrong dimensions"

And I believe this was before Nesly posted his post. Which says "Last edited by nestly; 7th Jun 2013 at 12:11 am."

Anyways, Thank you alot for helping me out.

Regards