I cannot change the LineType in my layers :(

salaxi

Hey guys its my first thread out here so i hope i will find help..Well i 've currently create several layers and after i change in one of 'em the linetype from continuous to a "Dashed" , every new layer i made had a "dashed" linetype and when i tried to change it back to default , it didnt.. Help!

When you create a new layer in Layer Manager, the new layer inherits the properties of the layer that's currently selected, so the first part does not sound unusual. I'm not sure what you mean by "change it back to default" because there is no "default" linetype for layers per se. Are you saying you can't use the Layer Manager to change the layer linetype back to Continuous?

Well actually i meant that , when i create a new layer, i cannot change the linetype. it seems that the default type of line is the continuous. From the time i made a layer with a dashed linetype, every new layer i'm trying to create, it have kinda inherit the property of a dashed linetype. And it is impossible to change it :( Sorry cannot describe it better...

...And it is impossible to change it....

I have never seen this behavior before.

Please attach dwg file here that exhibits this behavior (can't change layer linetype after creating new layer).

(If you had already done this - you would already have your solution and it is very likely no further word description would be needed.)

Sorry, I could not re-create the problem. The line types changed and stayed changed for me. However, I did notice that your line type scale is all over the place. If you are checking your line type visually on screen, after making a change in the layer manager, a line type scale of 0.02 is going to pretty much make the spaces in a dashed line invisible. I selected the whole drawing, changed the line type scale in the properties to 1.0 for all objects and the dashed lines suddenly appeared on screen.