High School Final

iggyignash

Hello this is my first post in a forum. I am having trouble with AutoCAD 2014, at school we use AutoCAD 2008 and i can usually get the project going, but with this new program I am very confused. I can't figure out how to create a circle using the front view. I tried rotating it it wont let me, it is only allowing me to draw line horizontally and vertically and Ortho Mode is turned off please help.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• iggyignash

• neophoible

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we assume you are working in 3D?

You can use the Dynamic UCS feature (look for the icon at the bottom left hand side of your screen). Use to to orient yourself and your geometry accordingly.

I understand that I am trying to draw a circle in the front view not the front view of the circle does that make sense?

my teacher gave me a sheet of paper and she wants me to replicate all of the different parts and put them together i have no dwg file to give you

What have you drawn so far?

Is this object supposed to be created in 3D?

Fine. Post an image of what your teacher gave you to draw.

do you know of anywhere where i can use the 2008 version for free?

Why? What's the problem?

Are you drawing this up as a 2D isometric?

Re: 2008 free. No, I don't know where you could legally obtain or use a copy of AutoCAD 2008 for free. You have 2014 so there is no need to go backwards. Everything you could have done in 2008 can be accomplished in 2014 and then some.

Alright, I guess you are not going to answer my questions. I can't hang around here all day. I'm sure other forum members would be happy to assist you with your problem if you would be more forthcoming with information. The more you provide the better. Good luck with your project.

Edited by ReMark

... i have no dwg file to give you

Not even a single line completed? You should be able to draw something. Do what you can and attach the dwg file here.

There is no real difference between 2008 and 2014 except for the look of the icons.

... it is only allowing me to draw line horizontally and vertically and Ortho Mode is turned off please help.

It sounds like you are able to do something. Attach your dwg file here.

my teacher gave me a sheet of paper and she wants me to replicate all of the different parts and put them together i have no dwg file to give you
The request is for you to post the DWG you are trying to work in. It doesn't matter how much you have drawn so far. Whatever you have (even if there is nothing drawn), Save it, attach it as a file, post it here. Just be sure the file is the one you are actually working in.

How much time do you have for this project?

Do you know how to control your AutoCAD environment at all? The function keys change your drawing environment, e.g., F8 toggles Orthomode ON/OFF.

do you know of anywhere where i can use the 2008 version for free?
If it comes down to it and you really can't progress, then I suggest you be looking into gaining access to your school computer for the purpose.

But if you will just pay attention and really listen to what people are saying (carefully read what they are writing and studiously look at what they are posting), you can probably get through this with minimum effort. The main effort will be in paying very close attention.:thumbsup:

i dont see any ucs icon
Yeah, I don't see one either when I'm drawing in 2D. And my status bar was actually off. Maybe you need to check these things as well. See below for my results at the command line.

Command: STATUSBAR

Enter new value for STATUSBAR <0>: 1

Command: UCSICON

Enter an option [ON/OFF/All/Noorigin/ORigin/Selectable/Properties] <OFF>: ON

Can not display UCS icon in 2D model space. Change UCS icon setting in Options 
dialog 3D Modeling tab.