Pf orthographic questions

cosme017

Hello, I am looking for some help on some projects I am doing for Penn Foster. They are Orthographic projections. I am trying to get the inside border of my layout to be 3/8th of an inch from the edge of the paper. For some reason the border looks to be about 3 inches from the edge. I'm basically trying to enlarge the viewport by making the border bigger or getting rid of it entirely. Also, do I scale the inside block of the three views, so I can see them closer? Thanks any help will do. The professors at pf would probably take a couple of weeks to answer, and I'm sure I would have to repeat the question and/or rephrase it. Here's a snapshot.

borders.jpg

pencil.png

It sounds like all you are trying to do is to GRIP stretch the corners of your viewport to fit a known rectangular dimension. You could create a closed polygon over the line representing the edge of your paper, then using the OFFSET command offset it can stretch your viewports corners to those points. Alternatively you could use the create viewport OBJECT functionality, and turn the offset line into a new viewport, right where you want it.

The size of your viewport does not necessarily have to match the size of your border. For that matter you don't necessarily even have to have a single viewport. You could have four separate viewports if you wanted to.

You knew the size of the paper you were going to be printing to. My question is, why didn't you draw your border to fit accordingly? It's like you drew your titleblock and border without regards to size at all. Is that the case here?

BTW...

What method did you use to create all the views? Are they 2D or 3D?

Are you going to be dimensioning the objects in model space or paper space?

Are you familiar with the "annotative scaling" feature as it pertains to dimensioning and text?

ReMark: 1: they are 2D. 2: No dimensioning for the first two projects. 3: Yes I am familiar with the annotative scaling. PF gave me the dimensions they require for the text. I have since started over, and have made the projection I was looking for. There was an issue with the blocks, so I restarted a whole new project. Thanks. I'm sure I will have more questions to come. thanks guys.

Looks like that worked Dadgad. thank you

Let's back up a minute.

Is your border in model space or in paper space

Can you attach the file here?

You knew the size of the paper you were going to be printing to. My question is, why didn't you draw your border to fit accordingly? It's like you drew your titleblock and border without regards to size at all.

My guess is that the border is in modelspace and the entire paper space view is scaled.

The picture should show that it is in paper space. I started the project over and then i inserted the title block. Everything looks fine now. I've had a lot of trouble with this autocad. I had to reinstall it twice. The program is a 2010 student only edition, so PF must of saved a ton of money.

Students are eligible to download, for free, the most current versions of many programs at the AutoDesk Educational Community website. 2014 is the latest release.

The picture should show that it is in paper space...

The picture shows paper space, it is not possible from a picture to determine whether border or geometry is in paper space or model space.

Attach the file here. If you had attached your file to the original post you would have gotten complete and accurate information in the very first response.

Students are eligible to download, for free, the most current versions of many programs at the AutoDesk Educational Community website. 2014 is the latest release.

You know i joined the community, but i never got a chance to surf around on their site. Thank you, i will check it out. Do you know if the layout changes much and do you lose all your current work with the upgrade?

There will be some noticeable changes but none that should significantly affect what you are doing.

Why would your lose your current work?

• 3 years later...