Extracting Object Data, convert to text

jerrodt

I am attempting to import a shapefile into AutoCAD Map 2006 that consists of polygon information along with quite a bit of attribute data. I followed the directions for importing the attribute data as Object data into ACAD which all worked fine. If I do a Map->Tools->Edit data the attribute information is attached to each polygon but what I want is to convert these attributes to text objects within the drawing (these are addresses I want to appear centered in the taxlot). In ArcGIS you can set the attribute you want rendered and this is how they appear, centered in the taxlot. Is this possible? How? Do I need to write a script that queries the data object table, pulls the information I want, then creates a text object at point (x,y). I am working with hundreds of thousands of data objects and polygons.

Also, I have some annotations that can be attached the same way. I exported this information from ArcGIS and it shows up as lines. Is there a way to replace the line segements with the attribute text?

Basically I want to take a shapefile, import it along with some attribute data into AutoCAD but have it show up as text instead of referenced data objects.

Let me know if clarification is needed,

Jerrod

• 3 years later...

me also facing the same.i have to import the text as well with my shapefile by default so that i need not necessarily go by style feature in display manager everytime.Please anyone can send me the solution.

• 2 years later...