View Templates

addesigns

Anyone know why my View Template is not working? I have all the worksets turned of that I dont want to see and they are still showing up in the drawings. I DO NOT have any filters. THis is so frustrating. I dont know if it is because i had to unlink it and then link it back in or what. I figure REvit is smart enough to remember the settings if it is brought back in.

I dont want to manually hide everything again/.

Is it the Revit Link that's causing you trouble? If so, within your View Template, go to "V/G Overrides RVT Links". Under Display Settings, see if it's By Host View, By Linked View, or Custom. If it's anything other than Host View, then the View Template, or even a View V/G will not work. Linked View or Custom overrides all Visibility/Graphics overrides.

And remember, it's not a matter if Revit is smart enough. Revit does what the user tells it to do. The only problem is that anyone who's new needs to learn the robust and daunting, but extremely powerful Visibility/Graphics system. Also, understanding the hierarchy of how the Overrides work is key and is something you'll just have to learn along the way. Just keep asking questions and keep getting help - you'll get there.

HTH 8)

The only problem is that anyone who's new needs to learn the robust and daunting, but extremely powerful Visibility/Graphics system.

... and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.