Isometric Hatch?

kengkoykolokoy

Please see attached file. this is a scanned file and I want to draw it in autocad.

the problem is I got stuck in the insulation. Is that a "Hatch" or "Array" command? if not please guide me step by step. thanks in advance

Refrigerant Pipe Insulation.png

That would be an angular array.

Work in 3D. You'll need to draw one instance of the looped material (imagine the greek capital omega character) on a plane normal to the pipe axis to be used in an angular array within an enclosing donut. Add the other items then take a hiddenlineview off into paperspace and annotate.

Another way people show insulation is with the BATTING linetype. Draw a circle (in this case) along the centreline of where you want the insulation to be and set its linetype to BATTING. The thickness of the batting is controlled by the linetype scale (in metric the lts matches the overall thickness, I assume an imperial template would be the same).

Although unlikely to be relevant in this specific instance this can produce more easily editted insulation.

dJE

Thank you guys for the reply.

Is it possible to draw this in isometric? personally i think this is drawn in isometric.

i did try batting linetype, well it works in plan view. but did not work with isometric isocircle.

any more idea? really thanks guys.

Hello Hugha,

I guess it is impossible to draw it in isometric snap. so Im trying it in 3d.

what do you mean by "angular array" is that a command in 3d?

i can only see. rectangular array, path array and polar array.

thanks

Hello Hugha,

I guess it is impossible to draw it in isometric snap. so Im trying it in 3d.

what do you mean by "angular array" is that a command in 3d?

i can only see. rectangular array, path array and polar array.

thanks

^^^ is what you want i think

then i guess you may want to extrude the result so it is in 3d throughout the insulation....or not.

That would be an angular array.

Work in 3D. You'll need to draw one instance of the looped material (imagine the greek capital omega character) on a plane normal to the pipe axis to be used in an angular array within an enclosing donut. Add the other items then take a hiddenlineview off into paperspace and annotate.

Thank you so much Mr. Hugha. I've finally done it. :D