Scale not showing up in viewport options

bgallagher

I just changed laptops. I used to always set the scale of my viewports using the properties dialog. Now when I select properties and a viewport I don't get this option (using 2004) Any ideas?

Brad

Is it a polygonal viewport that you are selecting? Polygonal viewports are actually two entities rolled into one, a polyline and a viewport. You have to specify which entity you want to get the properties of at the top of the properties palette. Select viewport and you will be able to set the scale.

Or if the viewport is locked you will be able to see the scale of the viewport, but you won't be able to change it. Unlock the viewport and you will be able to set the scale.

I prefer to turn on the viewports toolbar. That way all you have to do is make the viewport active by double clicking inside then use the pulldown menu to choose the scale you want.

Very odd. The scale dropdown wasn't coming up in the properties dialog. After I opened and closed the viewports toolbar, it started showing up.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

I am having the same problem, except the properties palette will not even work for viewports. Usually when I select a viewport, the word "Viewport" appears in the selection drop-down box at the top of the properties palette. Now when I select any viewport, the drop-down is blank. It doesn't even have a "No selection" dialog in the box. Along with that, it is also missing most of the misc tools. I have attached two pictures showing what I have just explained. I can answer any additional detail questions, so please help.

Note: both screenshots were taken while the palette had a viewport selected.

old.JPG

new.jpg

• 7 years later...

I guess that by this time you have already solved your problem but If any other may have the same problem I found on the autodesk official forum this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Properties-palette-is-blank-and-does-not-work-in-AutoCAD.html

It seems to be related to Autodesk 360 not properly installed/unistalled.