Change The Visual Style Default

kduck63

If I make a3d part, turn on the sky-background and illuminationand render the part AutoCAD does something odd. It defaults to perspective view and activates sky-background andillumination every time I save, or switch from a layout tab to model space. How doI get it to default to parallel view and 2d wireframe?

Draw a rectangle and extrude it. Now change to perspective view and turn onsky background illumination. From this point on I cannot get it to default to asimple parallel, 2d view. If I change the visual style to simple 2d wireframe,it switches back to a perspective view every time I save or switch to a layoutand back to model space.

• 2 weeks later...

Try Options>Display tab>Colors button

In the Drawing Window Colors dialog you can select the different Contexts

For each of them different options are available for the components of the different contexts.

I suppose that is what is happening as you mention changing contexts (2d, layout, 3d, 3d perspective)

Hope this helps...

Still no luck. It seems the "skystatus" variable changes it's default to 2 (

Sky background and illumination) and i can't get it to change to 0 (sky off).

I tried to reproduce what you are experiencing in plain AutoCAD 2013 but failed to do so. As soon as I switch back to a 2Dwireframe visual style everything appears as it should.

Try the following:

1. Start a new drawing
  2. Change the view to perspective
  3. Turn on sun and sky
  4. Save
  5. change view back to a parallel view

From this point on, the view will change to perspective with sun and sky on every time i save or change from layout to model.

I have not updated my status in a while... i am using acad 2013.

Great. Now I have the same conditions as you! Yippee!

OK...I fixed it. Back to the way it was originally in both model and paper space.

I found a fix. Although i seem to be the only one with this little problem, here is the way i get around it:

For some reason if the "skystatus" variable is set to 2 i cannot reset it directly to 0; it keeps returning to the value 2. The fix is to change it to 1 and then to 0. I don't understand it, but it works.

Thanks for your help.

I fixed it but the same way. Once I fixed it I saved the drawing, closed it, reopened the drawing and double checked. Everything was fine.

Thanks for updating us. Glad to hear you found a solution.