Vault?

DANIEL

What kind of feedback are you expecting?

The benefits, compares to other PDM/PLM software, or else?

Inventor users will get the most benefits, but yes, it's very useful for managing AutoCAD drawing as well.

We use ProjectWise at my company which is "kinda" the same thing. Personally, I don't have any use for programs like this. Marketing bluff is all it is... but this is my opinion is all.

i dont need the software but corporate is pushing it, which at this point looks to double our projects engineering hours as its geared toward parts machining, not facilities like we engineer, it wont handle how we do our xreferences apperantly, which would mean we would have to start hundreds of drawings from scratch on every project and would also mean that updating certain project niformation would require the manuel editing of hundreds of drawings, thus far i have been thuroughly unimpressed by corparates movement, i wanted to give it a chance but at this point i'm more looking for ammo to shoot it down with to be honest.

We use Vault for a large files such as AutoDesk Inventor 2014 ( Piping and Structural) and we can check in also AutoCad 2014 - P & ID as well. At first when I used the vault it' sl kinda difficult for me to use it, Now I feel much better and comfortable using it.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I also use M-Files and think its great but I have one problem with it, it doesn't handle the sheet set manager in AutoCAD, for some reason it just crashes acad. Have you had this problem too?

Thanks