2D MicroStation Drawings Needed

Bobzy20

Does anybody have any 2D DGN format drawings that they would like to share with me?

I would like to use them for DWG conversion testing.

I thought GrabCAD might have some but couldn’t see any on there.

Did you try seeking on Google?

I put "download dgn files" into the search, and even on the first page, there were plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

Bobzy20, AutoCAD 2012 comes delivered with a number of DGN files located here C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\UserDataCache\Template You will be able to find 2D and 3D and V7 and V8 files.

HTH,

Bob Mecham

Thanks.

I only have AutoCAD and it doesn't seem to have 'UserDataCache' in the directory. Anyway I did a search for .DGN files and it found a few but they are very small and when I import into AutoCAD it doesn't show anything.

The DGN seed is usually very small. No resources are normally stored in the file. All the blocks, layers, text styles, dim styles, linetypes etc are external references to the DGN. The main item stored in the DGN file is the working units and if you have never heard of the survey foot before it would be recommended to educate yourself on the topic.

HTH,

Bob Mecham