Component Tagging

pqphillips

Okay, I have an issue that I hope you guys can help me on.

Our component tagging format is %F%S%N with sequential numbering, resulting in a Family, Sheet, and Number formatted tag. This results in a tag sequence that looks like this:

CB2241

CB2242

CB2243

CB2244

CB2245

CB2246

CB2247

CB2248

CB2249

CB22410

What I would like to do is have the sequential numberings start at 01 instead of 1, that way all the tag numbers will have a five digit number on it, like this:

CB22401

CB22402

CB22403

CB22404

CB22405

CB22406

CB22407

CB22408

CB22409

CB22410

I've already tried inputting 01 for the numerical start of the sequence, and this hasn't worked.

Any suggestions?

just a guess but would %nn give you what you want?

Just tried that (along with %N%N and %%N), and it does not work.

I've had a quick look through my manuals but can't see anything obvious. We don't actually use the electrical bit of AutoCAD so can't really experiment to help you either.

While I love ACADE and am disappointed it hasn't really been adopted here it is things like this that do bug me. It is almost very good.

We had one of the developers in here demonstrating it once. We pointed out that we needed to mark each end of the wires only with its local termination point and asked if it was possible. He said it wasn't and then told us our standard "is silly and nobody sensible would it that way". That's as maybe (we disagree) but its not a great sales technique!

Wow, the sales rep actually said that? What a tool.

He was right in that you can't physically put it on the drawing, but I bet he neglected to mention the To/From Report option...

Wow, the sales rep actually said that? What a tool.
especially as it wasn't a total show stopper. The main reason we don't use ACADE (apart from me being the only one with any training) is that it doesn't allow us to produce our drawings in the way we are used to but nobody will sit down and agree on the way forwards. I am sure if we just said "from now on our drawings will look like this" nobody would complain. As it is, our parent company offer either plain ACAD or ACADE so we have elected to have ACADE with the thought that we may start using it one day. My training was on ACADE 2008 so it has moved on since then!

ACADE is pretty versatile in how things are done, though. For instance, if you have a standard set of blocks you use, you can convert them to ACADE and maintain the appearance while gaining the Electrical functionality.

• 3 weeks later...

1. open your drawing properties

1.png

click on the Components tab

then clik on suffix setup

2.png

if you add a 0 in front of the number you should get the result you are looking for

3.png

4.png