BOM/ part list help

slick_digby

hi guys,

can someone point me to a tutorial on creating my own style of parts list, i require a text height of 2.00 and the current standards (ISO, BSI, ect) on which to base a custom standard only go as low as 2.5. if this is something trivial i would appreciate the help but the guide would be fine also.

thanks in advance! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi Slick,

I am in tested in this feature of mechanical.

Can you tell me where you found the answers.

John Hartland

Hi John,

trial and error, normally if i mess around with these things long enough i get an answer..

in your drawing you wish to create a parts list have all your part references set up in model space using the AMPARTREF command (i always do these in the order i want them listed to save on editing later) and balloon on your drawing using the AMBALLOON command, next type AMPARTSLIST and use the MAIN list, which will have all of the part references you have created on there, from here you can change the numbers and order of the items you require, also if you look at the box below your listed parts there is a filter box, I've been using filter for ballooned items, which will only show the items ballooned on the drawing earlier, you can use this multiple times and with as many different variations on numbers and order as you'd like.

hope this helps but if you need further help, possibly some pictures, let me know.

good luck!