create custom commands in Autocad LT that run from keyboard

comcu

Hi,

How do you create custom commands in Autocad LT that runs from the keyboard eg you press the letter “Q” on your keyboard and space and a macro for a circle at Ø50mm is drawn?

I know how to write macros’s but can only get them to work from tool palettes or a custom button?

I also don’t want them to work of ctrl + …. Etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

colin

Hi,

How do you create custom commands in Autocad LT that runs from the keyboard eg you press the letter “Q” on your keyboard and space and a macro for a circle at Ø50mm is drawn?

I know how to write macros’s but can only get them to work from tool palettes or a custom button?

I also don’t want them to work of ctrl + …. Etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

colin

Sorry to tell you, but that is another of the limitations we suffer, keyboard entry for a macro has to be with shift ctrl or alt :(

I don't have access to LT at the moment, but could you not do this using the acad.pgp file. If I remember correctly there is plenty of information and explanation in the acad.pgp file to get you going.

I don't have access to LT at the moment, but could you not do this using the acad.pgp file. If I remember correctly there is plenty of information and explanation in the acad.pgp file to get you going.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I think the pgp file only allows for Autocads built in commands, and not custom commands, we cannot even try and adapt an existing command in the CUI and try and get round it that way. ;) I tried