1 point perspective and 2 points perspective

BillyWonka

Some of you architectural types need to help here. But I will start off, just to see if I can help a little. In the 2-pt, it appears you are confusing the projection of the two blocks. The blue line on the right should be coming off the back right corner of the large block, rather than from that of the shorter block.

I once used this tutorial to design a simple logo for someone. I had enough CAD experience though none whatsoever with drawing in perspective. I found it easy to understand and follow and the result was perfect.

I used that tutorial too but thanks anyway.

Any good tutorials for one-point perspective? I have no idea how to connect those lines. It's such a mess I'm lost.

I did 1-pp drawing but it looks very odd. Can someone verify if it is OK or I made a mistake?

1-POINT PERSPECTIVE.dwg

1-pp.png

I still have trouble with 2-pp drawing.

I've tried various tutorials but I don't understand how to get that specific shape of the box in the middle. I'd really appreciate if someone helped me out with this one.

2-POINT PERSPECTIVE.dwg

2-pp.png

I was hoping some with real know-how would chime in here, and maybe they still will. I can't help you much, but I can tell you that, for projecting the tall box, including its notch, you need to project from the edges of the tall box, not from those of the short one. Try projecting using the edge points I've marked here.

Perspect 2-pt Corr 01.PNG

I did 1-pp drawing but it looks very odd. Can someone verify if it is OK or I made a mistake?

[ATTACH]42619[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42620[/ATTACH]

I still have trouble with 2-pp drawing.

I've tried various tutorials but I don't understand how to get that specific shape of the box in the middle. I'd really appreciate if someone helped me out with this one.

[ATTACH]42621[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42622[/ATTACH]

The one point looks pretty good, you are missing one line on that inside corner.

For the two point, lower box, you have to find intersections and project lines from known intersections to find other intersections. See attached, hopefully it will help.

perspective 062513a.dwg

The file can't be opened:

Drawing file is not valid.
Is there anything I can do apart from getting a newer version of autocad?

• 1 year later...

That is a very good presentation rkent. Remember at school you had to mention all the points. Yesterday went back to my technical drawing file to find some clues to work out the true perspective on a cone.

• 3 weeks later...

Extent of my knowledge is drawing simple ISO diagrams for fuel and conduit piping. When changing your viewpoint reset your UCS, then when your done UCS > World will set it back.

hope that helps?