• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• automaticad

• nestly

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand why this is a big problem?

The D stands for Distance, and because you have Polar Snaps turned on, the displayed polar tracking vector is being identified.

Shouldn't be a big deal, that I can see.

If you don't want the polar vector tracking displayed, you can try to turn that off.

I have never used Autocad 2000, so this is just conjecture.

The attached screenshot is from the Drafting Tab in OPTIONS in Autocad vanilla 2013.

I am not even sure if you will have OPTIONS in your version.

Have you tried changing your dynamic input status, by toggling on or off with F12?

polar tracking vector display.jpg

D= Distance.

It should be only numbers.

One more thing, the "D" change to another letter if the line is longer.

I believe you were lie to me.

Edited by automaticad

What you are seeing is not an error and the people that have tried to help you are not lying. (I really hope this was a translation or cultural thing.) The information that was given is fact. I also do not see a way of changing the way the information is displayed unless you turn off AutoTracking and turn on Dynamic Input.

And if the OP is using r2000, then Dynamic Input is not available.

Polar coordinates consist of two parts. The angle and the distance. You cannot have one without the other :cry:

I rarely use the feature but in 2013 the 'D' does not appear at least on my system. Was the letter dropped at some point after r2000?

The screenshot is obviously not from AutoCAD2000 (the version indicated in the OP's profile) Dynamic Input was introduced in 2006

I've never seen the "D" label in Dynamic input before (2011-2014) :? Mac perhaps?

The screenshot is obviously not from AutoCAD2000 (the version indicated in the OP's profile)

I am not quite sure as to how you can tell the screen shot was not from r2000. This screen shot from r2002. (No 'D' visible)

Polar2000.jpg

I am not quite sure as to how you can tell the screen shot was not from r2000. This screen shot from r2002. (No 'D' visible)

Obviously, nestly was somewhat confused when he made that proclamation :oops:

It should be only numbers.

One more thing, the "D" change to another letter if the line is longer.

I believe you were lie to me.

Lied to you? I hope that came from some stupid online translation software. It was more of a guess, actually.

Su''enly I am so upset, that I will never use the letter ' again. I guess I will have to petition for a new user I' for Ana W, except I can't even spell user I' anymore.:lol:

What you are seeing is not an error and the people that have tried to help you are not lying. (I really hope this was a translation or cultural thing.) The information that was given is fact. I also do not see a way of changing the way the information is displayed unless you turn off AutoTracking and turn on Dynamic Input.

If I turn the AutoTracking off, then the yellow box where the "Polar: D6.7645 #1), will be dissappear.

Usually I only have "Polar: 6.7645" without "D" and "

I also have another error:

acaderrorsnapunit.PNG

How to solve these errors?

Type SNAPUNIT at the command line then press the ENTER key.

The value should be something other than 0.0000,0.0000 so try 1.0000,1.0000 and tell us what happens next.

Weird because these errors appears automatically as I never do anything related to them.

Is this a bugs or virus?

No it is not a bug or a virus.

Where did you get the drawing from?

AutoCAD 2000? Did you ever bother to installing any service packs?

What OS are you running? Is it current with all updates?